Yes, I know that my blog looks just like Sylvia's:
http://biabia.ebloggy.com. Spot the differences.
Reflections part 1I think I miss RV. A lot. Not much so the building but the people and all the little little things.If I were to come up with a list of things that I miss, this entry will be so long that I can't even post it. I guess it is innate in us to miss what we once had, not treasuring what we have till we loss it.
It's not that rj life sucks, it's just that it is so different and foreign.
Culture shock. Not really but remotely yes. Looking back, I realised how protected life in RV was, how sincere everyone was. I even miss the stall vendors. Mei Nu in particular(the cockster from the last drink stall). She rocks my sock. She can just stand there and talk cock about everything and anything while the long quene of people behind you grows and grows and she is just totally oblivous to it all. RV canteen was small and cosy. I think the one problem with rj is that it is so damn BIG. Too big sometimes that you feel lonely. Once I was waiting for cat to finish her lessons so that we can go for CCA together and the 2 hours of waiting time almost killed me. I felt so lost. I walked around the canteen, aimlessly and feeling super conscious that I stuck out like a sore tumb. That was the first time in my life that I felt so alien. For once, I felt like a complete stranger. The school is not only big, the school population is also huge. 2,500. That is exactly how many students there are. I get to meet people from all walks of life and of different races and nationality. I guess this is one of the plus point of rj. If I had gone to hc(which I was very tempted to), I would have missed the chance of mixing with all this wonderful people.
Academically wise, the stress-o-metre reads an average reading, that is for now, My school days end rather early compared to other jc. I love my class so6c. I think it rocks. Rae and I have the fortune of meeting this bunch of fantastic people. They totally change my perspective of rj. I once though that it would be difficult talking and interacting with a rafflesia as we are just so different. But I was wrong. I think I am lucky. All the people I meet, till now, ain't that bad(excluding j2s).
to be continued..