Give thanks.
I find that that is something which I have not been doing often enough. Sometimes saying a mere 'Thank You' may not be enough. Most of the time we just miss the chance of saying it. At some other times, we don't see a need for saying Thank You till a long time after the event has occurred and the deed is done.
I feel that when you say 'Thank You' to someone, anyone, you must say it with sincerity. This is exactly why I have failed to say Thank You so many times over the past two years. However, in retrospect, I am able to justify my actions. At that point in time I, maybe we, feel that there is simply nothing to feel thankful for. I guess we all took it for granted.
If you are wondering, I am talking about teachers here.
Ms Yew Wei ZhenShe was our form teacher and we disliked her for some simply reasons. We all aggred that she can't teach and that she has a heart made of ice- she wasn't caring enough. I guess we all set our targets extremely high. We expected special treatment and attention since we were supposed to be(and was XD) the best class. Instead, we got an inexperienced teacher who also happened to be proud, insensitive and cold. When things don't work out, we push the blame to her. The relationship between our class and 4_ soured as she always compares us. I showed contempt and disrespected her at times.
But.
She taught me a lot on life as well. Maybe she wasn't such a good Maths teacher, maybe she was really inexperienced but it is only now that I realised the good that she has done. I remembered vividly what she said during one of the last few class contact time. She told us:
No matter what, you must believe in yourself. Don't care about what other people think or say, it doesn't matter. I used to be very confident about what I do and who I am but I find that recently, I am beginning to doubt myself. It doesn't matter if you did not learn a single thing from my Maths lessons, I want to you always believe in yourself.That was something that has stuck with me. I think I will never forget what she said.
Thank you Ms Yew for being you. =)
Mr Chow Ban HoeChemistry.
I love his style. We all concur that he is mad. HAHA. He has big, round goldfish eyes and jet black oily and shiny(due to gel) crop of neatly comb hair. I always looked forward to his lessons. He was one of the most demanding teachers I have ever had but one of the best. He was meticulous and highly efficient. The only other teacher that can meet up to his standards is Mdm So(but she's SuperWoman and that's for later..). All the endless and countless mornings and afternoons we spent copying his 'Holistic, Fantastic, Wonderful, Comprehensive, Complete' answers and going through his notes. I love his notes, They are pieces of art. LOL. I think he puts a lot of effort into them if you don't believ ask yichun. Accoring to yichun, he has a template for his notes and he is very strict about it. The font size, spacing, headings actually everything, must be perfect. It is scary but I think that is what make us respect him even more. There was a terrible inccident which made us totally despise him for a week or so and there was a 'Cold War' between us. That was when he accused us of being 'muggers' and 'nerds'. That totally pissed us off. On reflection, he was somehow correct to a certain extent. But the words he used was too harsh and that was unbecoming of a good teacher. Overall, on a scale of one to ten:
Efficiency- 10/10
Experience- 9/10
People skills- 6/10
Total- 8/10 =)
Mdm SoThe SuperWoman.
She can handle two classes at a time. She used to run, yes
run, up and down the stairs from 4L to 4A during remedials to change transparency and to answer questions. The speed and accuracy that she marks and grades Physics papers are perfect, zero error(be it random or systematic). She is just..good. She knows her subject thoroughly and I will never forget her manly voice HAHA. She is also very pretty as pong has never failed to remind me about her 'fawless, fair, slim and slender legs' LOL. Yes, pong and I were staring at her legs for one entire lesson and we concluded that she has the most perfect pair of legs ever! She is a teacher with style too. Great stuff!
Mrs LimShe is definitely someone to run to when you need help, any kind of help. She was a really motherly figure and her family stories were cute. HAHA. She loved to tell us stories and that really made Biology lessons less boring especially when it comes to plants. Peckyan once ran to her for help about a friend's smoking problem and she was most helpful. HAHA. I think she rocks. Another great teacher. 10/10.
The above teachers are all from Maths or Science department. As for the Language and Humanities.. some other dayy..
=)