Today was the rehearsal for the 18th Science Research Congress.
I lost my way on the way to NUS High. Ms Ng said to take 96 from Clementi interchange. The bus arrived and I was about to board when the bus driver said I'm not suppose to board the bus from the bus stop. Then I started to panic. HAHA. I think I am really out of practice, don't even recall where to take a bus from Clementi Interchange. But eventually I found my way around and managed to board the bus. Guess what? The bus driver is the
same guy!!!! Just my luck. Then I asked him for directions to NUS High and he seemed as though he knew exactly what I was talking about so I sat down and waited for him to signal to me to get off the bus. He never did of course. I went up to him again and asked for directions again but he failed to give a satisfactory answer. Then it hit me- he doesn't know that NUS High exist!! I tried calling Ms Ng, she didn't pick up her phone. Mr Lai was unreachable either. I didn't know what to do for a while. Just sat on the bus and stone. I must have looked really stupid.
Then I called my dad. And he saved the day. Sort of.
He said to take 196 from the interchange but I argued that that couldn't be right as Ms Ng said not to take 196 as it will lead me to the backgate of the school and the backgate is not open. But after I put down the phone, convinced that I have to start my journey all over again, a lady (in white) came to the rescue. She said to get off the bus at the next stop and walk pass Nan Hua High and I will reach NUS High. I could have swore that she was wearing a halo. LOL. Yes, she's an Angel in disguise. (Song by Corrinne May--Angel In Disguise new on Perfect10 this week XD)
I got off the bus, feeling great that I still had plenty of time. So I walked all the way and landed right in front of the backgate of NUS High. Ms Ng was right, the backgate was lock. I have no idea how I landed up at the backgate but I just did. On the outside of the gate is NUS High. 3 other people from NJ was looking out eagerly while I was looking in eagerly. We were all hoping that the gate will unlock itself. But the staring game continued and the gate remained locked. We had no choice but to enter/exit from the front gate and according to Ms Ng, I will have to walk all the way around NUS High. OK. Great, just
great.
Walk, walk ,walk.
From the bus stop to the backgate from the backgate to the front gate. I love walking. =X
Finally NUS High.
I was brusting with joy/anger when I walked into the school. Then I saw Su Wai. LOL. What a place to meet a senior. But it was good to see a familiar face after all that walking. Then Ms Ng handed me my blazer and she showed me around. All the posters were rather impressive. There was this group from HCI doing on Tsunamis. Ms Ng was telling me that she actually thought that they were good but unfortunately one of the judges is an expert in this field and he said that they weren't doing anything new. This is a perfect example of
luck changes everything. HAHA. They are damn unlucky as according to Ms Ng, their presentation was superb. Then for the rest of the time just strolled around looking at cheem cheem cheeeeeeem projects. Sometimes I don't even nderstand a word from the posters.
After Ms Ng left, I was left in the hands of Mr Jason Matthew Lai. HAHAHA. He reminds me of Yi Chun!!! =D Then I just hang around as we wait for Soon Kai. He's this ACS(IB) guy that was apparently from Nan Hua Primary but since he is a gep, we have never met. But it's comforting to knwo that he has never been an emcee before either and is taking his friend's place. HAHA. When he arrvied, he
shook my hand in all formality. This reminds me of Sam. LOL. GEP GEP GEP!!! HAHA. And guess what, he was wearing his tie. YES! The ACS(I) tie. The blue, yellow and red strippy tie. Ok, GEP GEP GEP!!! I think I have soemthing against geps HAHA but till now the geps I meet are relatively nice and normal (except Daniel who likes to 'fly' from one end of the corridor to the next back in RI but since he has not been doing that in RJ, I shall give him the benefit of the doubt and deem him as normal =X).
But I have to say this, Soon Kai is really nice. HAHA. I think I am a really screwed up emcee and without his help I think I will be even more screwed. =)
I have to read really big words tomorrow such as Guelph and Paredeniya. But I will not let Ms Ng down, I will try my best not to screw it up.
*crossing my fingers, legs, arms, eyes and whatever else I can cross*
=X