Argh second time I typing this entry. Who is Woon Jeck?
Talking about NJC I just went to NJ for this Angklng and Harmoc Concert called Electic. It was my first Angklung and Harmoc concert was an eye opener, now I think I understand why Peck Yan and Wen Qi and Jenny joined Angklung. Most of the 4a girls were there to support Peck Yan. I am very very jealous as no one came for my production. It was Qiu Ju's birthday too. We all know what you wish for. HAHA. Had late dinner at King Albert, the place was on the verge of bursting. My favourite part of NJ is this circel garden in the middle of the school. It's really nice. I like the gigantic old tree, the whole garden looks very calm and serene.
Saturday was spent in school doing Literature Week stuff. I shan't go into the details, all I can say is that you guys will definitely enjoy yourselves. Many people from Wan Qing's class came down to help. Had fun with Superman and gang. Though the day ended on a sad note as Yu Ru lost her wallet and we couldn't find it no matter how hard we search (to the extent that we even poured out all the contents in the dustbin to hunt down the wallet). Zheng Yi rocks. HAHA. We both realised that we collect postcards and are very greedy as we'll always take one whole stack of them. He made me read the first page of Othello with him and I ended up getting a lesson on Why Thou and Thine and all the 'st' verbs. On the way to the MRT station with him, bloob started pouring out of my right nostrils. And he handed me a piece of foolscap to serve as tissue paper. LOL. But my dad called me at that precise moment to say that he's coming to fetch me. HA. Then I walked back to school with my head looking skywards and praying hard that I won't trip over anything, as if my day wasn't bad enough. My whole family went to Chicken House at some Thompson area for dinner. And my dad tried to find the 'huanted house'. The one where the police found a human skleton in where Pearl and Ruby live in. HAHA.
Very busy recently. SRP is getting tougher too. Many people, including myself, have the misconception that doing Surveys are easy. After going through the SRP Pilot Test and PW I now see Surveys in a different light. Tomorrow I start my Jazz lessons, gonna be so much fun!!! Now to do some publicity for SRT...
The Dresser29 Jun - 16 Jul 2006
DBS Arts Centre - Home of SRT
Presented by Singapore Repertory Theatre
Starring Michael Corbidge and Mediacorp Artiste Adrian Pang.Oscar-winning playwright and screenwriter, Ronald Harwood's (The Pianist starring Adrien Brody) perceptive, endearing and frequently hilarious portrait of backstage life is being brought to stage in one of the most acclaimed dramas of modern theatre - The Dresser, which was nominated in 1984 for 5 Academy Awards and 5 Golden Globes.Set in a war torn provincial theatre, an ageing actor manager, known to the loyal acting company as Sir, is struggling to keep a grip on his sanity and complete his two hundred and twenty seventh performance of King Lear.Ensuring that each show goes on without fail is Norman, Sir's devoted dresser, who for sixteen years has been there to fix his wig, massage his ego, remind him of his opening lines and provide the sound effects to the storm scenes. Ticket are available at all SISTIC outlets www.sistic.com or 63485555.Go check out the Singapore Repertory Theatre's websites for more upcoming shows. www.srt.com.sgGo catch it!!