This whole week has been rather hectic. It's week 4 of Term 3 and I can feel the madness of school work and activities. Partly due to Midsummer Madness (the theme for Literature week and no Yi Chun it's not something academical it's suppose to be week of fun and fun and fun). Zheng Yi and I found out another thing: we were both from Nan Hua!!! Sam Jo too!!! And a dozen other people whom I don't really know. Anyway, Zheng Yi and I broke into song, we sang Nan Hua School song at the top of our voice, leaving Wan Qing feeling very left out and embarrassed. HAHA. That was when we were outside Space 2 (the room directly opposite Black Box). And the mobile is finally straight! Thanks to Zheng Yi and his brillant rod.
Saturday was one hell of a day. I woke at around 8am and went to see the doctor. 2 doctors actually. Well I have 2 health problems. One for each doctor. LOL. The first one is this nose bled problem (which started eversince I took on the Literature Week madness maybe it's more than just a coincidence) the other regarding my "left big toe nail" (here I quote my doctor) which is actually an ingrwoing toe nail. The doctor: Dr Vala(something) said I have to come back 2 weeks later, if it's still serious I may have to go for a wedge ie operation to "cut a slit and refashion my entire nail". About my nose bled, there is no cure. Unless I "burn the vein in my left nostril" which "involves some complications" and so the doctor advice my mum to "just keep an eye on her condition". So that was how I spent my Saturday morning and so didn't went for Literature Week.
The afternoon was much better. I went to Pinegrove for a birthday party. And I met Sue Wei LOL. Chun Tsen stood us up for a girl. We (Kang Wei, Sue Wei and I) walked around Pinegrove and I realised, for the first time, that it's actually rather big. And they both had a go at walking Woofie. I must say that Sue Wei is very strong. Later we went to Kang Wei's house and I left Woofie there. Then I went back to the Function Room for the party and ate and did some Tests and donated some money and checked out the exact location of DBS Arts Centre - Home of the SRT and at 7.15pm left for
The Dresser.
It was my first time at the DBS Arts Centre. The whole building is just one small cosy theatre and the stage is not very big either. Adrian Pang reminds me of Mr Bean and he is really good. The sets were brillant. I loved the way the whole thing runs through especially how they magically transform Sir's room into the backstage of a stage. Mr Oxenburg and his Cigar is pretty cool. He used this cigarette that was really convincing other than the fact that there wasn't the smell of smoke. Eventhough I could swear that he used a real cigarette at the second half of the show. Only yesterday that I found out that Madge, Pamela Oei is kinda short. HAHA. The ending was rather poignant as Sir died without thanking the 2 people who really love him in his pathetic life. Sir reminds me of this split personality person with a short term memory. Norman keeps sipping Whisky which is quite humorous. The first half of the play was hilarious but after the 15 minutes interval it was more on serious stuff. Oh and Adrain Pang can sing really well. LOL. Overall I give The Dresser 8 out of 10.