A wise man once said: the more we learn, the less we know.
This is what I suddenly realised recently. Pong and I have a dream. We dream that one day we'll be able to set up our own shop called pH7. Whenever anyone ask me about my ambition, I used to tell them (proudly) that I wanted to be a Cashier, of my own shop. That was back in Secondary school. Now I don't think I'll give the similar answer. I'll probably just say I want to be a Cashier, full-stop.
Having matured, maybe by a bit, but enough to see more of the world, I have come to realised that running a business is not as easy as we thought. Maybe it's because we both take Economics and we have learnt that we will meet with many difficulties in setting up a shop. What with us being a price taker and the high fixed and average cost. I seldom talk to Pong nowadays. Partly because we are both so busy. Today I emceed the EDB-RJC Entrepreneurial Challenge. I correctly predicted the winner. LOL. Jin Jing was rather disappointed that her favourite team, who formulated a business idea about cyber mourning. There was this team from RGS which spend a lot of effort on preparing sample food for the judges and even bothered to beautify their business proposal. They totally wow-ed all of us. And everyone in the LT was leaning forwards to catch a glimpse of the food. Lucky me, I got some of the leftovers. HAHA! They tasted really good!
Today I swap my OGL interview time with Samuel to Tuesday as I have learning journey on Wednesday. Kenneth and Brent too, so we posted an 'advertisement' on the board to request for a swap but no one contacted me. But lucky me, I bumped into Lyod who told me that Sam was going for the interview as well! Hey Cat I will try my best! And I met Xin Ling at LT6 today before the competition; she just ended her PE talk. It's always wonderful when I bump into seniors like XL and Nicholas because they are those who count. I would really love to know every senior better but due to time constrains and RP is just different from EL.
The past few days, I have been paying attention to Jarrod Lee's lesson and after each lesson, the questions that he brought up remain stuck in my head. What he said was really true, some of it. Now I'm really confused. I think I'm an easily swayed when it comes to making decisions on certain issues. Especially current affairs. I like to sit on the fence. Metanarrative is very interesting and thought provoking. It really set me thinking about life and what is right and what is wrong. Hmm.