Yesterday I went back to school. No, not for college day, I wasn't invited. I stayed in school from 3.30pm till 10+pm for Literature Week. And thank God Gavin said: this is the last Publicity meeting officially. But he also added: but you'll still have to do stuff during the week and don't forget after Literature Week... Yes rather ominous. Anyway I managed to spend a lot of time with Cat! LOL. We pasted lots of fairies and repasted them late into the night when we realise it's too messy. We totally spam the whole school with Literature Week posters and fairies. And Gavin had to say: This is what RP publicity should do! I am sick of publicity already and I'll have to good through Chemistry Week. HAHA. Cursed with publicity indeed.
At the end of the day, erm night, Wan Qing's dad gave us (Cat and I) a lift to Bishan MRT and Gavin a lift home. At J8, Cat and I initially wanted to have some food at Mac since we didn't have much of a dinner (1 slice of Canadian pizza each kindly sponsered by Mr Ng). We barely stepped into McDonald's and Cat started complaining: AH! Why is it so hot!!!! So we spend quite some time walking into every fast food restaurant 'measuring' the temperature of each outlet. When we finally settled down at Mos, glancing at her watch Cat said: It's already 11pm!!!! So we sat down and stood up and left for home. The MRT was filled to the brink and Cat said: WHAT! At this time and it's still so crowded!!!! HAHA. You see, Cat is really really stressed up and apparently my Stress Buster Kit didn't quite work. Shall try harder next time round! HEX.
Do you remember reading this piece of news about the sisters Pearl and Ruby? The 2 sisters who lived somewhere at Toa Payoh? Well, I think their duplicates live somewhere nearer to me. These 2 ladies whom I strongly believe are going through Menopause right now, lives across my street. They get angry and fustrated for the slightest reasons. The other day Amanda (my sister) and I were playing with a ball outside my house, when one of them matched out of her house and said: Don't play here! Your ball will hit someone's car. Surprisingly, she doesn't have a car, neither does her sister or her sister's children. It is rather comforting that they also scream at their own children (a lot oh and by the way the 'children' are not quite children, you see, they are working adults already!). I was doing my work at the table in the car porch when I heard someone bellowing: ANGIE!!!!! I froze, for I didn't recognise that voice. It sounded foreign to me. And why is that someone so mad at me??? I looked around and there was no one in sight. Could I have dreamt of it? It was then that I heard it again, louder than before:
ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!! This time I jumped right out of my chair and was determined to put an end to all this shouting. The next time I heard my name, I found the source-- right across my street.
So that was the fateful day that I discovered that one of Pearl and Ruby's 'children' and I share the same name. (But after some research, the 'child' is Angela). The other day a neighbour was walking her dog and just stopped by outside my house to have a friendly chat with my dad. Horrors of horror, Pearl/ Ruby ran out of their house and said: Bring your dog away, don't let it urinate on my plants! My dad did the coolest thing, he pretended to be momentararily deaf! And just gave her the cold shoulder.
Oh please, the dog is at least 5 metres away from
your precious plants!
When Snowball accidentally ran away the other day, Pearl/ Ruby dashed across the street and furiously pressed my doorbell demanding us to go and
'capture' him. Am I glad I don't live directly beside them. My neighbour, wasn't that lucky, they live directly beside. My friend kept a bird who flew into Pearl and Ruby's house one fine day. They went haywire and made my friend clean up their house as the bird shit
all over the place.
Interesting facts: Pearl/ Ruby is not married yet (no prize for guessing exactly why she's
still single at her age) and is a nurze. I am very amazed by the fact that she is a nurse afterall she has a very very very short temper. The other is a Primary School English teacher.