Today I went home at 1230pm. My earliest day since school started.
The J1s got back their O level results today. The school felt empty without them. The noise they make actually fills up the empty spaces in school. And since RJ is humongous 1,000 students are just not enough to give it life. Today had Math test. First question on permutation and combination got me. 7 marks just fly away like that. GGXX.
Yesterday I went to watch HCI drama feste. I love Artemis' performance for its overall effect. It was both creepy and chimerical at the same time. The backgroud music of the crying baby was seriously disturbing. The characters were well established though a bit banal but at least they were protrayed satisfactorily. The first play: The Reunion was suspiciously similar to RJ orientation storyline 2007. Not very impressive. Only one actor was good(the guy who acted as Micheal the homosexual doctor). The Virgin Suicide reminds me of Caged Birds in terms of costumes and style. Offstage was just a play that is, well, completely offstage as in not suitable to be on stage at all. Seriously, I don't think it is any good. The acting sucks. The only commentable thing was the awesome backdrop that was made. Other then that, nothing really stuck. Saw many peeps from RV and NHPS. Yi Lun and I were practically screaming away for the first 10 minutes upon entering the LT as we started recognising familiar faces and names on the programme sheets. The 4 emcees were quirky and they did a great job as a filler.
One thing I noticed about all 4 plays was that by the end of the play, someone will die. What is this obsession with Death? It seems like they have no other way of bringing the story to a climax. I don't think Death should take up centre stage. Looking forward to watching RJ's drama feste, hopefully we will do better.