It is official- school is out.
Yesterday, I went for Huang Cheng. I sat next to Maga on the ground floor and we had a clear view. Some of the actors were a bit soft but at least we saw everything clearly. Out of the three plays, I only like the first and second one. The last play was too long and lame and illogical. I don't like the fact that the first and third play use Singlish and Singnese to a large extent. Maybe it's just me but I feel uncomfortable when they use it too much. Although it's in a Singapore context and their audience are mainly teenagers like myself but I still feel that the excessive usage of such phrases ruins the beauty of the play. If you go for an English play, you bet it won't be littered with Singlish carelessly. Perharps I am being too critical, after all it is a school production. And I must admit that they did put in a lot of effort. This is evident from the wonderful sets they constructed from scratch. And I am always constantly reminded of all the hard work by my two dear friends: Suq Ping and Qui Ju, who are both Ticketing Leaders (translate this to chinese!)
Anyway, I am quite ambivalent about the whole production. On the one hand, I don't really like the way the scripts are handled unprofessionally but then again the feeling of watching Huang Cheng is so different. Maga said that everyone in the theatre looks familiar, just like in RV. During the interval, I went up to the circle seats and guess who I met? Chen Zhuo!!! Whom I haven't seen in ages. And I met Yi Chun too. HAHA. And Maga met Joel. Oh man. HCI is so RV. Then Yi Chun started talking about my shawl and my Sesame Street bag! LOL. He said that I need a fashion police!!! Alright, sue me! See you in court then! HAHA.
After the draggy and boring last play, it was time for curtain call! One thing I have come to realised about HCI culture (after attending HCI dramafeste, HCI talentime and Huang Cheng), they pay special attention to everyone who made the event possible. So it's a must that all the people involved do a last item of the day- curtail call. And they actually do rehearse (tons of times) for that simple 10 minutes curtail call. I am impressed. It's not that they are the only ones doing a curtail call to thank all the production side people but it's the way they do it. It reminds me of the good old RV ELDDS days. Haish, pardon me for being nostalgic...
After the whole thing, we took lots of photos together and we went to Lot1 to have supper. Peck Yna, Chuan Han. Yi Chun and I. Oh mannn!!! We just wreak havoc at the Mcdonald's. I think we should meet up more often. When you put one Rv person with another Rv person, they will definitely have something to say. In RV, everybody's business is everybody else's. HAHA. We kinds spent the whole night gossiping and laughing. Luckily there weren't any costumers or we'll be on Wan Bao!!! Peck Yan and Yi Chun are avid readers of Wan Bao and they are aspiring Wan Bao reporters too! LOL. I think it's really great that I have such crazy friends, who live so near to me too!
It's 11am in the morning now. I need my breakfast!