Next friday I will once again be able to open my mouth after 1 long month. For the past few weeks people have been asking me a lot of questions and these are the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
1. How do you eat?
My, what an apt question. Interestingly, I think I am on the diet of a supermodel preparing for the next big runway fashion show. I go on a liquid diet for those who not already know. I drink 3 cans of Ensure daily as prescribed by the doctor and in school I drink fruit juice, soy bean milk or teh bing. At home, my lovely mum comes up with a cup/bowl of soup/blended porridge/fruit juice/yoghurt drink/milo/Ensure/water/tea/coffee every few minutes. And the frequency of me visiting the toilet has increased by more then 3 times.
2. How do you brush your teeth?
Well, just like everyone else. I use a toothbrush! HAHA. Ok, seriously, I do just that I don't brush the insides of my mouth, I mean how can i? So I just mouth wash everytime I brush my teeth so that I can clean the insides of my mouth.
3. How do you survive not talking for 3 weeks?!?!
Believe me, it's tough. But with a strong character and a powerfully sanguine mentality I have survived 3 weeks without breaking down once or feeling desperate enough to cut away all my rubber bands. And oh, I can write. So that means, there are other means of communicating that I can use and do use to communicate! Interestingly, when I write down or type out what I want to say in my phone, some people have the tendency to do likewise and they will realised halfway through that they can actually talk. LOL. But it's damn cute when they do realise.
4. What made you go for the operation?
I have under-bite which is the opposite of over-bite which means that my lower jaw is too long and is longer than my upper jaw so I have slight (in my case) difficulties in biting and after the braces the gap widen so I had to go for the operation. It's all in the package actually.
5. Was it painful, is it still painful?
No. Seriously, I don't feel any pain at all. Only numbness but it's getting better and I am recovering real ast, as my doctors tell me. And maybe swollen cheeks. My left cheek is more swollen slightly but you won't be able to tell, because they extracted my wisdom tooth during the operation.
6. Are you still on medication?
Thank God, no. I had to pound my medicine and I'm just damn glad it's over and I dont' have to take those horrible tasting medicine.
I know what I will do when my doctors take away the rubber bands and the plastic.
I will gloat.
I will shout and scream and jump for joy.
I will simply be overjoyed.
Oh, I can't wait.