Haish. Where is Carrie Chong?!?!
First Jamie Yeo, now Carrie Chong, why are all the hot babes from 98.7FM deserting the station?
I hope the Muttons stay as the Muttons forever or I'll so need to start hunting for a new radio station to listen to.
I think JC Physics syllabus is very superficial and just essentially full of formulars that do not require much skill. Secondary school, rather RV, Physics was more challenging. I still remember vividly those days when it was impossible to pass an assignment. But it's not that bad since almost everyone fails and we all learn it the hard way. Yes those afternoons spent copying pages and pages of corrections kind of paid off in the end.
Physics today is just like Math. And Math today is all about probability and more probabilities. The probability that I will do well for Math seems to be falling, sadly. I suck at probability.
Looking at the amount of work I have to catch up with, Math gives me a headache while Chemistry gives me a migraine. RJC Chemistry Department is made up of many many Mr Chows x 10. First they give you a comprehensive thick set of notes. Followed by a step-by-step tutorial complete with Self-check questions and Discussion questions and TYS questions (actually Physics tutorial follows the same format but there's more questions in Chemistry tutorial), then comes Chemistry Focus which is essentially another Chemistry tutorial. Next we'll have Chemsitry Focus Test and Chemistry Revision Test. To the Chemistry Department, they envision their students to be freaks who eat, sleep, drink Chemistry all day long. The work load for Chemistry alone can kill you. Mr Chow will so fit in here.
I'm running out on things to blog about.
Anyway I went for the PSC test today and it was a long strenuous test that lasted close to 4 hours with only a 15 minute break inbetween, in a way it was more taxing than the SATs but at least the questions were interesting. Do we know how earthworms think? I am still rather preplexed by this question. HAHA. And I met Clearance again. He was the only NJCian who took the test amount the sea of Rafflesians, I salute his bravery.
Tomorrow is the end officially of my SRP career and looking back I think it was a really enriching experience that could be enhanced if I had chosen a better project. That means that I will get more awards from my project. But perhaps the passion and drive for research work should never be based on the awards reaped rather the lessons learned.
At this point in time I am really very clueless about what the future holds (duh) and what I want. I don't see myself doing anything in 5 years' time. Perhaps I'll be stuck with a boring 9 to 5 job, I really have no idea what I want to do or study. I have some rough ideas of the field I may go into but no definite answers, no field of study has excited me and ignite any form of passion in me. Oh God or some higher being, can you please show me a sign, give me a signal so I know what I am doing and where I am going.
But someone once told me that the most interesting person he knows is someone who till the age of 50 still have no idea what he is doing with his life.
Though it may sound tempting to just drift aimlessly through life and live in the moment, but I do believe that everyone must have some, however vague, idea about what the heck their purpose is on this Earth.
I need to know.
soon