The Angie Predicament
Angie the Angsana tree will be chopped down this Sunday 15th of July. This Angie sends her condolences. However, this Angie feels that she too will soon be met with the same fate.
Ticket sales for Othello is poor poor poor. This is the first time I am attempting to sell 1,200 tickets. Till now, 2 weeks from Lit week, we have only managed to sell about 200 plues tickets. And Mr Ng's friend bought 100 tickets so that 100 wasn't our effort at all. Fiasco is the word. But that doesn't mean we should give up faith. For when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. Tell me what I should do to sell 1,000 tickets in 2 weeks.
My Common Test grades suck suck suck. Enough said. The future is bleak, we have but less than 2 months before the prelims. JC life is really too fast.
Silver lining: I played for HH basketball IHC and won the first round before my dad came and I had to go home. Although we didn't win overall house champion, it felt good playing for my house. Honestly I am not really proud of my house, I have only been in it for less than 2 years and I am not active at all. But at least I have something to take away with me. The beautiful memory of winning a basketball match. 6 to HH and 4 to MR. LOL.
I went back to RV today to sell Othello tickets. It's been 2 years since I left RV and once I stepped in, the 2 indian estate managers shrieked at me. They were pleasantly surprised. Me too. I didn't expect them to remember me but they did! WOW. I stood frozen on the spot outside the hall as I watched my juniors and some teachers at work, preparing for Speech Day. It's truly amazing to be back. Everytime I go back to RV, I feel as though time has stood still and I feel like a 14 year-old again. My teachers looked exactly the way they were. But I can smell that times have changed. For the better or the worst I am not sure but things have certainly changed. As RV moves towards being a school with the Integrated Programme, I see more autonomy and freedom given to the students. I can sense the bubbling excitment and climate for change. Sometimes I liken RV to a communist state. There was a lot of restriction and red tape over many things. But today I saw RV's potential. Perhaps some things never change, like the feeling of warmth and familiarity but I can tell that it will be an exciting era for RVHS as they move away from a hard paternalistic central command for-your-own-good culture. Let's hope I'm right.