So it's a (childhood) dream come true. I am (finally) going to be a cashier. Yes an NTUC cashier. Overworked and unerpaid, it's true I have to work for 6 hours with no dinner break and earn a mere $4.30 per hour. But in the words of my mum: It's the experience that counts, we are not asking you to put food on the table. Yes so I'm giving it a try. Anyway it won't hurt to try and I think I need to suffer. Like taste the sweat and blood that adults endure just to earn their keep.
Do you know that cashiers go to school? Yes, there is an NTUC school for cashiers and all other employees at Queenstown I think so I'll be going for school for 4 days before I start work. I went for an interview which is, in my opinion, not really an interview at all. Pseudo-interview maybe 'cause they just directly recurit me and start bladdering away at when I start what I do and of course about the school and stuff. Worst thing is I had to wait for an hour before the head of the NTUC branch decided to interview me and gave up waiting for the other applicant. You see, they are obsessed with efficiency that they want to interview two people together. But then again it's not an interview so..
Oh and I'm supposed to go for cashier school next week but due to prom I have to wait till next week. So I have one week to decide whether or not I should keep this job. I need to read a good book. I love John Grishman but I've cleared almost all his books. It's time I start hunting for a new favourite author. Maybe I'll pop by the library one day. I'm currently reading whatever books I can find in my house and today's pick is Charles Dickens, the abridged version of course but I may just give up if I find something better ie more comprehensible. David Copperfield gave me a headache. I have the full and complete version so I'm finding it hard to digest.
Today I went for SAT and I do hope it is the last I will see of it for the rest of my life. Somehow I can't do MCQ and I don't know why. I really want to go to the US partly because I will be studying engineering and I'm more inclined towards it than Economics. But then again all the schools in the US I have applied to are ones that offer one of the world's best engineering courses so competition is tough tough tough and I don't think my SAT scores can help me at all. And I need to really get started on my essays and applications! Man I feel all of a sudden breathless with the thought of the thousand and one things I have to do. Geez with so many things to do plus cashiering, I don't see how I can manage.
But I know I can and I know I must and faith is a very very powerful thing and I have FAITH.
Talk about exercise. Yesterday my sister and I got trashed at basketball when we played with two young secondary school girls. What a shame. Our aiming was like shit. We totally lost our touch man! I haven't played since prelims and I haven't blogged since prelims. Oh! 5 is to 11. GGXX. Worst defeat of my life. What a disgrace! Now I have muscle aches all over. Two months of indolence and sedentary studying has serious impact on my fitness level. Another thing I need to do is to swim.