I don't know how to tell you how I feel right now.
Sometimes people make on the spur of the moment decisions that change their lives forever. Choosing to go to RJC was such a choice. I wish I could make another one of these kind of decisions. Someone told me that it is not how the environment shapes you but how you make of your environment. But I say that there must be something about RJC's environment that made me grow so much in two short years. With this in mind I decided to choose Electrical Engineering as my course of study in Singapore. The way I see it, no one is doing engineering now and even more so electrical engineering. Although there are thousands of polytechnic students doing electrical and computer engineering but somehow the demand in the market is still ever present for engineers. But the thing is people are telling me that I have to work my ass off for four years reading engineering and if I do pursue the path of an engineer I will never earn big money. So my answer to that is I will go and work in a bank or some huge investment company after graduation. According to NUS, their electrical engineering graduates are being snapped up by Barclays, UBS etc. just to name a few, so yes I do see some future in it. But bare in mind that I must be the top 10% in my cohort before I can land a job in these places.
On the other hand, if the right choice to make is to go to LSE and read Economics, I can see myself interning in JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs. This is a dream of every student doing economics, business and finance-related courses. And I know for a fact that LSE has good links with wonderful companies and I will land a good job in London and never come back. But the problem is the price I have to pay. The mind blowing cost is enough to kill. And when I say that London is a Whole New World, it really is a Whole New World.
Back to normal daily easy light reading. I just started working on this job that lasts for four days at Nan Yang Polytechnic. I am seriously underpaid at $5 an hour but I do get free luncha nd free snacks and lots of slacking time. And I just bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows like one year late at $19.90, what a bargain. So I am quite addicted to it right now. Although I did get the electronic book like one day after the release of the real book but I never bother reading it. So I only got second hand information regarding the story. Reading it is a completely new experience and I relish it. A lot. I love books, fiction, because I get to detach from reality and get away from the thousand and one thoughts swirling in my mind. That is why I keep a blog to vomit some of my excess thoughts into this space that is called a blog. Ok I am rattling. Oh yes I made my first ever no bake cheesecake. It tasted weird but totally edible and I reckon the only reason it tastes weird is because my smart friend and I decided to use milk in place for cream on the instructions because we didn't have any cream. But we are attempting Lemon Cheesecake soon and I do hope it turns out okay.
In the end. I said Yes. To both NUS and LSE.