I feel so blessed today (: I don't know why but this was one of the best day when everything just turns out right so I have to blog about it!
Today started off with me waking up from bed at 10am and it is a beautiful morning, monday morning, and there is no work for me so I woke up with a happy heart. Next I realised that I may have messaged to the wrong number so I checked with Desmond and managed to get Ms Ng's new handphone number. And the best thing was that she replied almost immediately and offered to help on the spot and she even tried to direct me to this post office near to RJ so wow I was feeling really great.
And then I cooked some chicken porridge for my mum who was bitten by my dog. HAHA. This is in itself another story but I will try to tell it now. So yesterday Woofie rushed out of my house as my mum was talking to my neighbour so she didn't lock the door and Woofie was about to fight with her arch enemy: Old Bobby (there are so many dogs called Bobby we have to add the Old to differentiate them). And my mum grabbed hold of Woofie, unfortunately he bit her. Woofie let go immediately upon realising what he has done and although the wound is shallow, my mum lost some blood and her hand swell up after some hours. Our nighbour, who is a doctor, suggested that my mum went to the doctor so she went at night and got two injections. She is now much much better and she is giving Woofie the cold treatment just to show him he has done wrong but we all love Woofie too much to punish him.
So back to today. I washed the clothes! HAHA. This is my first time other than the times in Cambodia. But I was washing everyone's clothes so it was a lot but my mum gave me pointers and she can't do much housework so I took over. Sometimes I have the feeling that although I want to help out and even if my mum nags that no one helps her in the household chores, she doesn't really dare to let us help too much in case we screw up. Just now I was folding the clothes and I think I kind of screwed up as the clothes were rather rigid and not soft like what it ususally feels like.
But all the above does not really show how good today was. So I went back to RJ and I instantly felt a sense of belonging and notalgic. And my spirits just kept raising up in me and I know that everything will be just fine. So I got my letter and sped off to SP to get another letter from my Dad and I manage to get it in time too. Better yet my dad fetched me to the post office! But that is not all, I left my phone at the post office. I didn't realise till I was back at SP and I started to panic when I couldn't find my phone in my dad's office nor in the lab. Then I decided that I must have left it behind in the post office! So we sped back to the post office and along the way my dad called my phone and someone picked up to say that the phone is in their safe hands! So we just drove back to collect it. By then the post office have already closed. But this is not all!!
I set off after this episode to Peck Yan's house on a mission to make a certain something for a certain someone. It was amazing to go to her house, once I step in memories of RV grad night flashed before me. After dinner and stuff we went to this playground and talked. We talked about a lot of things and it was really good too as I felt really happy. And now for the miracle. We left when it was starting to rain. Inadvertently, I left my handphone behind on the chair that we were sitting on. After walking for some distance we turned back and saw this little indian girl running towards us and she was calling us to stop. In her hand, she was holding onto my phone!!!
Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal but I just feel that Lady Luck is smiling down on me today!