Everyday there are new discoveries to be made. Yesterday Suq Ping and I went to volunteer at an SPCA sales event and one of our co-volunteer was from RJ. The surprising thing was that I met him before although he is 2 years ahead of me. So it was an amazing 3 hours as we did sales at wheelock place. Oh but before that I must announce that Suq Ping needs a man with a clear sense of direction because she has absolutely none. When we were trying to meet at Orchard MRT to go to wheelock together she kept going to the wrong exit. Maybe it was my poor descriptions but more than that she is just one lost person. And there was this huge human jam everywhere I turned in the Orchard underpass as people were just so disorganised. In Japan, people actually queue up to even get onto trains. I think the government will start to teach Singaporeans how not to clog up the exits. Imagine if a fire struck in the underpass, all hell will break lose and many many people will die. The situation was really that bad.
Sales at wheelock place was good. Much much better than at plaza sing. After the whole sales event, John came to pack up. Although we lost this piece of paper that we were supposed to sign in and out on, he was very nice and offered to treat us to dinner! We were taken aback and sceptical about it at first. But in the end we agreed. So we squeeze into the other passenger front seat and our adventure began! True enough, one can never be too trusting about old men in their forties but in the end my conclusion is that he is just a lonely man in need of company. From what he tells us he works 24/7 and he is a bachelor so he is really lonely at times. Anyway we were supposed to go to IMM for mos but in the end he was driving and he just decided to turn into this Dempsey Hill area and man that was the best choice he ever made. HAHA. We're so lucky that he is a foody 'cause we get to panper our taste buds!
The place we went to for dinner serves Italian food. The best I have ever tried. And I'm not a food person so I go with the flow but La Forketta makes me hungry for more. We had this amazing pizza that has raw ham and vegetable as toppings. I don't know any of the names but I know it taste fantastic! We also has this bowl of excellent seafood linguine complete with a lobster! It was crazy. After dinner we went for a short tour around Dempsey Hill to check out the different restaurants and interesting concepts. There's Ben&Jerry's, Magarita's, Dome, Henry's, Jones grocer, House and so many cool cool places to hang out at! Man I am definitely going there again but unfortunately there are no buses going into the area. It used to be some army camp and I think it was featured on The Straits Times recently.
After dempsey we went to IMM so John can bank in his cheaque. We hang around IMM for a while but all the shops were closing then in the end he drove us home. A car brings you to places. I don't think we can always be so lucky and not all men can be trusted but sometimes somehow you just get lucky!