It's my second week at Toofdoctor and I love what I do everyday because everyday is different! Every patient is a new challenge. I have to be alert all the time and on my toes but it's real fun so much better than doing administrative sit-down work! So far I have been really lucky 'cause I have been witnessing lots of cool procedures. To make a list, I have been through either first hand or by observing, root canal treatment and filling, implant, LA op extraction of wisdom teeth, scaling and polishing, crowning, filling, tooth extractions on kids and adults, and bleaching. I like to do washing and packaging too as I get to play with cool machines. HAHA.
Only downside is I get really tired at the end of a long day and most of the time I start at 10am but only end at 7plus. There was once an emergency wisdom tooth extraction at 8plus kept me back till 10pm. The pay is not fantastic too at $6/hour but the job is interesting. I did casting today and it is just making moulds of teeth. Today Suq Ping and Xin Yi came back to visit and wreak havoc. The whole clinic was super noisy and we made a huge mess for Ah Yoke to clean up and we enacted roles. -_- Dr Choy was at Serangoon branch so Ah Yoke was like "Your Father not in so you guys can anyhow and play around tsktsk" LOL. So we made a mould of Suq
Ping's and my teeth. Tomorrow I will see what it looks like.
I'm in the midst of preparing for London and I bought some stuffs that I will need like a lagguge, a pair of gloves, jeans, bagpack and some random things. I still have a lot to do but I have no clue what. I'm just waiting for this letter to arrive where I'm supposed to confirm my place. Man, life would be so much easier if I go to NUS.