I haven't been updating at all for some time so I thought I will just type something here. The weeks are flying by and soon I will be flying away from Singapore. I am not ready.
This weekend was great, so is most weekends. Work life shows me how precious weekends are because when you get home from work you have no time for any life so weekends are the only opportunities to unwind and catch up with friends and with yourself. But my weekends are not all bliss. I dread giving tuition. My students aren't improving and I feel like I am just some money-sucking machine and I'm wasting their time. I think my students depend and put too much hope into the 2-hour sessions that I conduct. I cannot cram everything that needs to be known in two hours and they should prepare for my lessons so they can benefit more but no matter how much I nag at them they remain impervious. But that's that and I am just glad that I still have this lucrative source of income to rely upon. Truth be told my dental clinic job does not pay well but I am not complaining since I am learning so much. Oh and tomorrow is a half day for me and this week will be a 2.5day work week. So thank God I give tuition.
I'm listening to JK Rowling's speech to Havard graduates of 2008 and the finge benefits of failure are realised in my life too. Although the degree of failure is questionable. But it is a good thing that I fell so much so young so early and at this point I have gotten back on both feet and I know I will climb higher than ever. But she also talked about how your CV does not measure your life and how true is that. Whatever you do or achieve will not last if you have the goal of self glorification.
Well I baked my first lemon no bake cheesecake. So I didn't bake, I made. And it was pretty awesome too. Here are some photos!
The Bakers...


Suq Ping and Peck Yan !

Suq Ping and I !
Now the process...

This is the base! 3/4 oreo and 1/4 wholewheat biscuits!


Mixing and pouring...

This is the side view with the cheesecake mixture on top.


Final product! Pardon the holes! My sisters couldn't wait.