Home coming.
It is a strange feeling. Beginnings and Ends. No matter how many times I go through them I still feel that it is a strange feeling to me and I am always back at square one.
Packing my bags and moving my things to the new apartment at Waterloo. Most of my closest friends from hall are away for Father's Day but at least the most important person is around (:
Thank You for making the past 9months fly by smoothly and for making it such a pleasure and privilege to be in the lovely City of London! As I look back on the last 9months of so of being away from home and Singapore, I can't help but feel that I am so so so blessed by God. Thank God that there hasn't been any major hiccups, I haven't lost a limb, I haven't stopped growing in Christ.
Coming to London, I didn't suffer from a jet lag, I went head-on, straight into university life in a foreign land. Thankfully, we here in the UK, only have about 5months of solid school term so I didn't feel too stressed out about my studies. And perharps with good grounding from RJ and RV, studies were manageable. But coping with the pressure that built up to the exams were tough when you see all your friends freaking out, makes you want to freak out too. But we all got back our sanity after all the madness! And travelling to different parts of England and Europe has been great too! I have definitely grown from exposure to the different cultures and traditions. Which sometimes just make me stop and think and thank God for making me who I am and for giving me the opportunity to be brought up in the safe safe safe land of Singapore.
Meeting people from all over the world is great. Building relationships with people from all over the world is even better. This goes beyond being facebook friends and just doing small talk inbetween lectures. And I am really thankful once again for all the people I have met in London, each different yet each so beautiful.
Learning to survive in a foreign land. Learning to stick to my convictions. Learning to engage someone who seems to have nothing in common with me. But Singapore is so global and it is such a place full of the influence of globalisation that I wouldn't say I was thrown into the deep end of the pool. In fact, I was able to adapt to the lifestyle quite comfortably.
Being able to find a house with such cheap rent is once again by God's grace! Being able to find a community of people so on fire and such a great church is another blessing.
It is amazing how God put people into our lives and I feel challenged now to go back to Singapore and bring my friends to Christ!
Staying in Singapore for the next 2.5months. Doing an internship with the MOF. At least my time is not wasted. Having to decide my courses for next year which is more or less decided since I bought the books from my seniors. Having to decide my career and to prepare for internship applications. Big problem. But with God everything is possible!