The days are short and it's cold outside. I have my assignments laid out on my table but when will I start working on them?
Yes the holidays are here! No more school! Looking back on this past term, it has been really eventful. I have grown up quite a fair bit and am very excited about the future. School work aside everything's starting to fall into place. Although I just booked an appointment with the doctor and have been told to wait 2 whole weeks. This is evidence of the ineffectiveness of the NHS. By the time you see the doctor you have either recovered or are already dead.
Having stepped down from Sing Soc, I realised I don't miss it at all. I am quite an odd ball in that I appreciate the company of my fellow Singaporeans but I do not actively seek them out and sometimes they can get quite boring. Staying with 3 other Singaporeans this term was fun. We cooked a lot and had a lot of fun, girly fun. I threw a PJ party but no one wanted to come :( so in the end it was just my housemates + one girlfriend and we painted our nails :p it was fun. Thanksgiving was great too. The Food. I think all Singaporeans are foodies. I have managed to influence my non-Singaporean friends into taking photos of food! Hehex. Although sometimes it can be tiring to keep the house clean and common areas are the hardest to tidy and people who are incharged of cleaning just don't do it properly, but overall I would say staying with friends beats staying in halls.
At this point I must say I do miss staying in halls when I get to see so many random and nice people. And I get to see Janis in 5seconds so that is a plus. But the kitchen and the fire alarms are disgusting. But the internet and the heating is always on... plus and minus plus and minus.
This term has also been hectic due to internship applications and interviews and disappointments and finally attainment. It has been a long process but I must say it is an early Christmas present for me and the best thing is that it was so unexpected. God truly knows what is best for us! To all my friends who are still struggling with internship applications, I wish you all the best.
Microeconomics has been ridiculous. And still is. I am taking a gamble and hoping that the exam will actually be much easier.
Need to do some work now and travel to the post office which is a 35min walk away to get a post from amazon which contains christmas presents. Can't wait to go to Cambridge and have a proper proper break. Sleep. Eat. Read. Slack. Repeat.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!