:) But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
Romans 3:21-26
How amazing is the gospel. It tells of a just and righteous God who in His wisdom was able to plan out this beautiful story of salvation of a fallen creation. I stand amaze of what Jesus did for us at the cross and I pray everyday that this truth hits home right into the very core of my being that I may be able to put things into perspective.
I started going to church in the second year of JC when a friend asked me along. Previously when I was younger in primary school my family use to attend church but only because my dad is a Christian but my mum didn't believe and is yet to believe. But I never really thought much about God. I knew that a higher being exist but nothing more. Even when I started going to church again in JC I was very sceptical and I had so many doubts about the bible and this Jesus thing. But I kept going every Sunday.
It wasn't until I came to London and started attending my current church that I fully grasped the implications of my sins and the beauty of God's saving grace. It took me a while and it is still sinking into the fabric of my being. I still need to be reminded everyday of how much I deserve death but because of Jesus' blood, I walk freely. Knowing who God is has changed me. I am learning everyday to love more and to remember that God is in control of everything and that He has a plan and purpose for my life. Christianity is also not a religion. It is a relationship with God, our maker. And this calls for constant conversations and it works two ways. So praying is actually nothing more than talking to God and this relationship never fails as God has so much love to give. In fact His love for us was so great He sent his one and only Son onto the cross to die for us so that we may be righteous in His eyes and able to come into this Holy relationship with Him.