what the future holds
In about 6 months and a new chapter of my life begins. Fear and uncertainty fills my heart just thinking about the future. Growing up is such a strange strange thing. You are gradually entrusted with responsibility and sometimes you can't say 'no'.
Going back to Singapore for christmas was amazingly short. But still amazing. And I see people age and children grow, suddenly understood what it meant to be in the 'prime of life'. This is the season of change, of new challenges and goodbyes. But between now and 6months later, there are still so many things to do. For one there is a lot of school work to clear and exams to be taken. Then there is the moving out of my flat or staying on and finding new flatmates. And I have to renounce my Malaysian citizenship which hopefully I will get out of the way tomorrow. After that I will have to say my Oath of Allegiance to Sg and renew my passport. Haha. Tasks on my to-do list.
Was at a friend's place yesterday with other friends from hall in year1. We went back to the same hall as our friend was staying there and it was so surreal. To think that 2 years ago we were happy year ones with a sparkle in our eyes, I wonder if that sparkle have faded slightly. I hope that we will not grow jaded but wiser. I hope the world of work will not change us but help us grow. I hope we can still keep the friendships we have made. We had a long conversation that lasted in the early hours of the next day. Actually it was many conversations about life in general ranging from graduation, jobs, school work, teachers, marriage, child birth, after child birth, gossips, films, tv shows, media, india, america, disney, london, music.
I want to make the best of the next 6 months, but how am I suppose to do that while juggling school work and other commitments? I have to enjoy my school work.. in a way I am glad certain topics are overlapping. Am regretting taking a finance course which is just full of statistics and I see stars everytime I look at my notes. But then again it is nice to learn about CDOs and securitisation but then again I can never do the questions.
I love Christ church and it will be difficult to leave if one day I have to. But I know we are all one body in christ and it will be fine even in another church but I guess Christ church is my first church in London and it will always have a special place in my heart plus all the friendships I have made through the years, they will not die away.. hopefully. I think we all have limited time and it is impossible to get to know all my friends as much as I want to and to spend time knowing them as much as I would like it is sad but I am sure God has placed the people I meet in my life for His reasons and whether or not we stay in touch it is entirely up to how hard we try and also up to God ultimately.
At least it is not too cold now. I hope the sun comes out soon!!!