Just sitting here on my bed. It's a lovely friday and Spring (thank God) is finally here!! Rays of sunlight is streaming through my window and it is goodbye to cold dark wintry days!! Excited about what is happening in a few hours - student weekend away! Once again it is that time of the year when the students in church go away for the weekend. I have been on the last 2 and this is my final weekend away as a Student.
Goodbye student life in approximately 12 weeks.
Goodbye to all the discounts and free deals.
Hello council tax, income tax, and more tax.
As a consumption smoothing, utility maximising individual, I shall make my last 12 weeks as a student worth it. I shall exploit all student deals I can lay my hands on.
The transition from Student to Adult will be a weird one. It requires a whole shift of mentality and taking on of new responsibilities, I wonder if I am up to it. But knowing that I can put all my trust in Him who left His heavenly home and came to Earth to die for my sins, is all I ever need.